Our Clinical Director
Anthony Rodriguez is the Founder and Clinical Director of The Men’s Center. He earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Education (with a focus in counseling) from University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee and his Master's degree in Clinical Social Work from Loyola University-Chicago. He is clinically credentialed from both Illinois (Licensed Clinical Social Worker) and Iowa (Licensed Independent Social Worker).
Anthony has pursued continuing education in the areas of treating survivors of sexual violence, anger management, addictions and other general mental health issues. He is a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and has received over 160 hours of clinical training in treating sexual compulsivity under the direction of Drs. Patrick Carnes, Stephanie Carnes, Marcus Earle, and Kenneth Adams.
Anthony is Board Certified in treating Sexual Abuse by the American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress and is also a Fellow with the Wisconsin Sex Offender Treatment Network. He is also a technical consultant with the Office for Victims of Crime Training & Technical Assistance Center (U.S. Dept. of Justice).
Anthony was also a member of the Board of Directors for MaleSurvivor, The National Organization Against Male Sexual Victimization. He served as the Program Chairperson for their International 2007 MaleSurvivors Conference in New York City – drawing in over 450 survivors and professionals participants from around the world.
Anthony has over 15 years of clinical experience in a variety of treatment settings. He is an EMDR trained therapist and has provided therapy to children, teenagers and adults in the areas of trauma, substance abuse, and other mental health issues. He is a seasoned trainer and presenter on a state and national level to both professionals and the general public. As an Employee Assistance Professional (EAP), he has provided critical incident stress debriefings to companies that experienced violence and trauma in their workplace. Anthony has also worked in a business capacity (information system, quality improvement and cost recovery) for a Fortune 200 global company.
Anthony has also received intensive training in:
- Family and Divorce Mediation: Center for Dispute Resolution/De Paul University
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: EMDR Institute, Inc.
- Evaluation & Treatment of Sex Offenders: Wisconsin Sex Offender Treatment Network
- Sexual Addictions: Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals
- Sexual Dysfunction: Stritch School of Medicine/Loyola University Medical Center
Anthony is a professional clinical member of:
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation, Inc
- National Association of Social Workers
- MaleSurvivor: The National Organization against Male Sexual Victimization
- Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health
Anthony can be contacted by email at ADRodriguez@TheMensCenter.NET.
The Men’s Center welcomes people of all backgrounds. If you have questions or comments about our services, or if you want to learn more about how The Men’s Center can help you or someone close to you, please contact us.
The Men’s Center. A Place for Healing, Mindfulness & Possibilities.